The end of September was the start of our 6 month furlough. We have been very busy visiting with family and visiting churches both in upstate New York and Virginia. Our time is quickly flying by. We hope to visit many of our supporting churches over the next three months. Please contact us by email […]Read More
By Kevin | December 14, 2017 | Category Translation
How do we know the goal is in sight? Sure we’ve worked with the Notsi for eight years but when should we actually say the Notsi Bible translation task is done? There are a number of factors that determine the finishing point. Our age indicates that retirement is just around the corner. Another factor is […]Read More
By Kevin | April 3, 2017 | Category Prayer
- Grace and favor on our partners in Bible Translation and Literacy. That’s our prayer for you!
- Finalizing digital recordings for Luke, John, Galatians, 1, 2, 3 John, 1 Timothy for distribution.
- Kevin and Gertrude’s spiritual and physical health. Read More
By Kevin | April 1, 2017 | Category Translation
We began 2017 with travel back to New Ireland to find that I, Kevin, would need to manage the [tooltip text="Summer Institute of Linguistics"]SIL[/tooltip] Kavieng Center as well as continue working with the Notsi to complete the New Testament. Gertrude did a follow-up literacy workshop with nine enthusiastic Notsi women and young artists in January to do a writers workshop producing many big books.Read More
By Kevin | April 1, 2017 | Category Literacy
2016 seems a blur with all the travel back and forth. We remember starting 2016 off with the struggle of trying to address some literacy and education issues during the [tooltip text="Papua New Guinea"]PNG[/tooltip] Christmas period—December to February.Read More
Dear Prayer Partners,
Thanks for your continued prayers. Kevin and I have journeyed back to Ukarumpa Headquarters after two months in New Ireland Province—mostly with the Notsi. It was an unusual stay as Kevin was filling in as Kavieng Center Manager part-time and traveling back and forth to Lossu Village weekly to advise the Notsi. He reports that the book of Acts is ready for consultant check. As he spoke with the consultant he was very pleased with the work as he has review the text. He is looking forward to working with us to improve the translation.Read More
It has been so good to be back in PNG. As we were so busy traveling around the USA it was wonderful to see so many people that I had not seen for a long time. We were home for a year and it was easy to get used to life in America.Read More
As 2015 came to a close, I realized that God had been answering some really specific prayers for Kevin, me and and our ministry with Wycliffe. While in the USA, I re-learned the art of diligent study in order to succeed academically.Read More
By Kevin | March 14, 2016 | Category Prayer
- Grace and favor on our partners in Bible Translation. That’s our prayer for you!
- Continued comfort for Dr. Eddie B. Lane’s family.
- Comfort of the Thomas family who grieve the death their daughter.
- Physical and Spiritual vitality for Notsi translators as they record the Gospel of John while continuing with editing and checking New Testament books.
- Kevin and Gertrude’s spiritual and physical health. Wisdom in relating withing Notsi culture.