Hurrying back to US
Dear Praying Friends
Thank you for your faithful prayers.
- Kevin and I are re-united and now residing in Lossu Village. We are grateful for opportunities to serve both the church and nation in Bible translation and literacy and education.
- The Notsi people continue to buy the Scripture booklets (containing John, Galatians, and 1 Timothy).
- Local translators Wesley Kurang and Shirley Taupis continue to work with the Notsi Village Checking Committee on editing Luke’s Gospel. It seems that people are more excited than ever about getting the New Testament finished.
- We finished editing 70 Notsi hymns and look forward to printing a small hymnbook. People are eager to have the hymn book, too.
- The Lord is faithful about sending rain after recent dry spells and people are finding relief from stomach pains related to poor water supply.
- Katuben, (Shirley’s brother) who had withdrawn from the work and church seems to be back and engaging in Bible translation again. We praise God for these things.
- Our plans were to stay until the New Ireland Translation Institute courses start in mid September but we received word this morning that my mother’s health is declining. Her kidneys are failing, she finds it hard to eat or drink. The doctor says she has a matter of weeks. The time has come sooner than we planned and we are trying get home as soon as possible. Please pray that we can get tickets changed for a more immediate date and without extra costs.
- Pray that we can get our village house shut up and things stored well and that we’ll have safe travel home to the USA
- Similar heavies are being faced here in the village with Malis Lako, suffering with mouth cancer. Malis is a medical worker at a nearby clinic but has not worked in months. He is trusting the Lord for healing and we stand with him in prayer. He hopes to get to Port Moresby for surgery as soon as possible. In the meantime he is in constant pain.
- Matthew Lako, Malis brother, seems to be estranged from his siblings in a family dispute and is no longer working with Bible translation. We are praying for resolution of his personal issues, true reconciliation, mutual forgiveness and a return to the work.