January 2015 Prayer & Praise
- God continues to reward our faith in His provision.
- God comforts us in our grief and gives grace.
- Gertrude’s mother is home with the Lord!
- We have a great team of prayer partners.
- We have spiritual and physical vitality.
- Thank God for His people who give faithfully to our ministry.
- We’re seeing translation progress although we are back to two Notsi Bible translators.
- We rejoice that the Gospel of John, Galatians and 1 Timothy has been published!
- We continue to enjoy reading through the Bible together in one year.
- Introduction of a new phonics method is helping local teachers to teach reading and writing in their own languages.
- Grace and favor on our partners in Bible Translation. That’s our prayer for you!
- Comfort for Kevin’s sister Karen, whose husband passed away on June 24th.
- Physical and Spiritual vitality for Notsi translators as they record the Gospel of John while continuing with translating other New Testament books.
- Kevin and Gertrude’s spiritual and physical health.
- Family members living with chronic illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure and other ailments.
- Committed and capable literacy teams for Notsi, Nalik, Notsi-Madak and Barok languages.
- Salvation of unsaved relatives and re-dedication of those who have walked away from the Lord.
- For Kevin as he works on plans to visit our partners in ministry and that we’ll have the funds needed to purchase return tickets to Papua New Guinea.
- Spiritual growth of lay Christians among the Notsi, especially those involved in Bible translation.
- Partners in ministry for new Wycliffe missionaries—for prayer and finances.
- Gertrude—for grace and strength as she takes a few courses to assist in her Literacy work.
- Safety in our travels as we travel around the country visiting family and partners in ministry.
- Wisdom and proactive approach of local church leadership in appointing local people to train in Bible translation and literacy—committed people who are able to assist with Bible Translation.
- Guest house managers to come serve long-term in PNG—especially in Kokopo and Kavieng.
- The Notsi to purchase and read the published Scripture portions.