Prayer & Praise Report
- Grace and favor on our partners in Bible Translation. That’s our prayer for you!
- Comfort for Kevin’s sister Karen, as she continues through this first year without her husband John, who passed away on June 24, 2014.
- Physical and Spiritual vitality for Notsi translators as they record the Gospel of John while continuing with translating other New Testament books.
- Family members living with chronic illness such as diabetes, high blood pressure and other ailments.
- Our plans to visit partners in ministry and that we ‘ll have funds needed to purchase return tickets to Papua New Guinea.
- Spiritual growth of lay Christians among the Notsi, especially those involved in Bible translation.
- Gertrude—as she begins to consider the scope of her role in literacy and education with leadership back in PNG
- Jesus Film—Develop the script from the Gospel of Luke and other text and dub it into the Jesus film.
- Partners in ministry for new Wycliffe missionaries—for prayer and finances.
- Safety in our travels as we travel around the country visiting family and partners in ministry.
- Wisdom and proactive approach of local church leadership in appointing local people to train in Bible translation and literacy—committed people who are able to assist with Bible ranslation.
- Guest house managers to come serve long-term in PNG—especially in Kokopo and Kavieng
- Finishing the Notsi New Testament in five to seven years and leaving a team in place to complete the Old Testament.
- Kevin and Gertrude’s spiritual and physical health.
- God continues to reward our faith in His provision.
- God comforts us in our grief and gives grace.
- Funding needs for special projects are being met.
- We have a great team of prayer partners.
- We have spiritual and physical vitality.
- Thank God for His people who give faithfully to our ministry.
- We’re back up to three Notsi translators.
- Kevin and the translators finished consultant check on The Gospel of Luke. Over 38% of the New Testament is completed.
- We continue to be blessed by reading through the Bible together in one year.
- Introduction of a new phonics method is helping local teachers to teach reading and writing in home languages.
- Gertrude’s academic success.